Saturday, May 31, 2008

Happy 300th Post

Congratulations...me! This is the 300th Standardchuck post and I couldn't be happier. In fact, how about this:


Sure, the chart doesn't make much sense; um, the green bar keeps growing the farther right you get (insert joke about "relationship between conservatives and environmentalism, lack of"). Here's the explanation: Standardchuck the blog has gotten 440 hits today, 352 unique new visitors! Yeah, that's right, folks, I'm highly trafficked! Must be my wit. Must be the insightful writing. Must be the fact that I have a distinctive voice in the hustle and bustle of cyberspace.

Nope.

It is because I used a picture of a wallpaper that I found on google for a throw-away blog piece on soccer.

Yep, they're all coming to see this:


So, I'm going to pass on all those stats as if they were spins on Press Your Luck to the actual website that needs credit for the popular wallpaper:

http://www.lucas-wallpapers.com/

I'm guessing that they love soccer. And they're in Algeria. The system is down.

...


By the way, I miss Press Your Luck. I've tried to watch the Game Show Network's Whammy, and it just isn't the same. For some reason, I thought just now that the original Press Your Luck was hosted by Joe Penny of Jack and the Fat Man fame. Nope, it was Peter Tomarken. Peter is dead, long live Peter Tomarken. In honor of Peter Tomarken, below is a picture of Joe Penny.

No comments: