Thursday, April 06, 2006

Continuations...

Pollo Campero: what should I say...juicy chicken, thinly coated with breading, pressure fried in canola oil, injected with seasonings inside the meat. Delicious chicken that was inexpensive (18 piece, three sides, under 25 dollars). Moreover, the sides, excellent beans (pinto in a juicy, spicy broth), hearty coleslaw with a kick of horseraddish, decent mexican rice (a bit dry though), and kick ass plantains (pan-fried golden spectacular).

I'd have to say, 4 1/2 drumsticks out of a possible 5.

Other random thoughts:
  • Love Beck's Guero, but the best tracks are from the Gameboy Variations EP that you can find on the iTunes store.
  • Oh, illustrious trendy indie dance tracks, from the Strokes "Last Night," through the Raptures "House of Jealous Lovers," to Franz Ferdinand's propulsive "Take Me Out," you have a new member: She Wants Revenge's "Tear You Apart." Same angular beats, fuzzy guitars, and angst-dance swagger, but for some reason, I am reminded of "Possum Kingdom," as far as the mood of the song.
  • Music that I'm really digging right now: Seu Jorge's David Bowie covers from "The Life Aquatic," Cibo Matto's "Stereotype A" is making me wish they would release something dammit, and Sufjan Stevens' concert mp3 found at My Old Kentucky Blog (http://myoldkyhome.blogspot.com/2005/12/sufjan-stevens-live-at-bluebird.html)
  • The warm weather is great, except for the damned plants sperming everywhere. Why do we allow this perverted behavior from Kingdom Plantae? Would we allow Joe Schmuck to whip it out and coat our cars? This is ridiculous.
  • Watching "The Wire" season 2: damned good stuff.
  • Downloading "The Sopranos" episode 4: can't wait.
  • Party at my new place April 15th. More news to come.
  • "Lucky Number Sleven." Why does this movie title make me crave some nachos?
  • I'm leaving the Yeshiva for other employment after this academic year. Any suggestions?
  • Why do I keep playing fantasy baseball? I'll tell you why: fascinating statistics (Bill James was right: numbers tell you more than how a batter looks at the ball park) and a large sample size (with so many games, you know that the statistics mean something). Plus, I really like the fact that I can cheer on players from really crappy teams. Why else would I root for the Devil Rays unless I've got Rocco patroling my centerfield?
In closing, Condoleeza Rice defended the nuclear deal with India. I'm gonna go hang myself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you've got good taste in music :)..