Monday, November 13, 2006

Music, or Making Melodies Is Easy

As we held our guitars, my roommate and I butchered a song. Discussing chord progressions and arpeggios, we were in awe of the development of melodies by a song writer.

How do they do it?

Additionally, how did Marvin Gaye come up with the unique singing on "Let's Get It On?" Singing off the beat slightly, yet creating a cohesive rhythm...not easy to create, but fun to ape.

Quick Hits:
  • The Ravens continue to roll. They come from behind and beat the Titans, giving McNair a fond F-you to his former team. Good times.
  • Have you ever sat down to watch a movie on AMC or TCM, then looked up and realized that you've been watching cable for four hours?
  • Tenacious D's Wonderboy is now in my song repetoire. I'm happy to note that I can play solos, though choppily.
  • Ate at a place called Dionysius. Nice bar, but the food was lacking. Overall note: a disappointing C-.
  • I hate Michael Vick. He's fantasy kryptonite.

No comments: