Friday, November 03, 2006

On the approaching weekend

In order of importance in the grand scheme of things:
  • The wedding: going to the rehersal and accompanying dinner tonight. The Sop's pop and mom are cool people as are Grit's parental units. There's going to be load of people at the dinner (something upwards 30+) elegantly crammed into the Soper chalet, so I'm expecting sweltering conditions and (hopefully) a fist fight. The wedding, tomorrow, should be a tear-jerking moment as my very good friend walks down the aisle to matrimonial oblivion. The happy couple are doing all the decorating (including the preparation of 100 dozen roses for decorations...that's alot of thorns, people), and I'm hoping that there will not be a nervous breakdown for anyone involved. Best wishes to the event!
  • Borat: the movie...tonight, after the dinner, I'll be attending a late night showing of the Borat movie. The critical buzz behind this comedic behemoth is so large that I'm afraid that it will fail to meet up with my expectations. However, looking at this as the lost Andy Kaufman film, I'm sure that entertainment will be had by all.
  • The Bengals/Ravens matchup: yes, I know, T.J. Houshmanzadaabndgohadsh always destroys the Ravens secondary. Sure, ocho cinco has called out Ray Lewis. Of course, Rudi Johnson is a better back than the decrepit Jamal Lewis. However, I'm fairly sure that this will be tight contest that will come out in the Ravens favor. Without the ability to stop the run, the Bengals will not have the ball on offense enough to threaten the Ravens...yet, if the Ravens suddenly catch a case of fumblitis or interceptococcus, it'll be over quicker than a down orchestrated by Kyle Boller. Please stay healthy, McNair, please stay healthy.

No comments: