Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Thanks

So, we've only got a month before the end of 2006 (what's the plans for ringing in the new year? Will it be talking with the Baltimore people congregated around the keg? Will it be searching for the perfect spot to ring in the New Year in NYC? Will it involve D.C.? Who knows, we shall see.). Before I leave for Buffalo, where I will make my traditional big sandwich in the company of ELV's family, I think I should make a list of thanks:
  • An interesting year of writing, reading, watching, and seeing.
  • Another great year with ELV, who is the epitome of kindness and support. Thanks for being there when I need you, and for all the great memories thus far.
  • Another year of good health, though I've gained way too much weight. When you break two belts in a calendar year, you really need to start thinking about drastic lifestyle changes.
  • The speedy recovery of Andrew's dad from a devastating illness. I'm sorry to those who've had life altering illnesses and accidents to their loved ones.
  • The marriage of many good friends: Vini, thanks for giving me a reason to see Europe; Kid W, who has been a great friend and I'm glad we've bonded; Tobes, who has taken more abuse over his choice of dietary restriction than should be allowed; JK, ye of continuing 4am phone calls even with a wife...and congrats to all those who have become betrothed.
  • The continuing success of all of the Na family: Sis with her future as a PA, Dad with a booming successful ministry, and Mom who continues to be brave and loving.
  • The passing of my grandmother was a blessing. She's finally free from pain.
  • All the great people I've met through comedy writing and screenwriting. Thanks for the ideas and kinship.
  • To my roomie J, who, though he gets sick and passes out, is a great dude to share an abode with.
  • The poker crew, though I'm not fond of them taking all my money.
  • All the great places I've gotten to visit over the calendar year. France, Buffalo, Annapolis, Berkeley Springs...
  • The great movies of this year, for inspiring and delighting me.
  • The album of the year for me: Sufjan Stevens Illinoise
  • The books I've enjoyed most this year: Homicide by David Chase and Love in the Time of Cholera by Marquez.
  • The overthrow of the Republican control of the legislative branch.
  • The discovery of eBay and my entrance into selling stuff.
  • The gadgets: Sirius satellite radio, my Sony DVD burner, HP's PSC 1610 All in One scanner/printer, my new iPod screen, PS2's wireless controllers, my cell phone, which allows me to answer KG's phone calls to the ringtone of Johnny Cash's "The Man Comes Around."
  • My penguin t-shirt which features a penguin with a rocket pack.
  • The knowledge that whatever happens in life happens and ranting about does absolutely nothing good.
  • The wonder of forgiveness through time (Thanks to DF and JK for letting bygones be bygones)
  • Second City experience, awesome.
  • The fact that the Ravens are still performing well, though I hope this posting doesn't jinx them.
  • Seeing an awesome Built to Spill show.
  • Pearl Jam at the MCI Center.
  • Being able to sleep without extreme worries about bills and money.
Thanks to all those who made this year a year to remember. Happy turkey day, folks (to Sopers, enjoy the blanched veggies).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We can always scan the rooftops of NYC for progressively worse parties/situations!

E Lee