Saturday, March 25, 2006

Before I head out...

A couple of quick hit statements before I head to a party tonight:
  1. Do not order pizza from Joe squared (located in Baltimore around Mt. Royal). The pizza was quite tasteless, lacking in both quality and quantity of toppings, with a square, flat bread that tasted remarkably like unsalted matzah. Horrible appetizers as well (exclusing a semi-decent fried mushrooms, but annoying small containers of marinara). I have never had such a joyless experience eating this crap.
  2. Lady E is in DC while I head to a friend's fiance's birthday party. Let the good times roll.
  3. Has there been a movie as uneven as "Bulletproof Monk?" I mean, its a comic book movie, yet I found myself thinking that you have to take your disbelief, suspend it over a bottomless hole, stab it with twenty or so rapiers, set it on fire, then drop it into the hole in order to watch this movie the whole way through. Yet, I watched it.
  4. Black.White. is not an entertaining show. Let's teach white people, seems to be the central issue. A noble goal, but at the same time, please cast the show with people who are not brain-achingly annoying.
  5. Why did "Cinderella Man" do so poorly? I watched it last night, and it was quite good, compared to some of the other crappy movies released by the man.
  6. "Crash" is a damn good movie, but was I the only one thinking that the movie was incredibly similar to "Magnolia?" Snow fall, frogs fall, its all the same to me.
  7. The Decemberists are simply amazing. More on this later.
  8. Great music site, this guy was at SXSW, posted reviews and mp3s about indie bands: http://myoldkyhome.blogspot.com
Have a great night, America.

No comments: