Friday, March 10, 2006

The Car and How Impending Doom Is Upon Me

First off, a hearty "thank you" to the people at Brentwood Automotive for fixing the Honda. Honest, hardworking people who deserve your business. Great mechanics.

http://www.brentwoodauto.com/index.html

Now, onto the news. My parents are flying into town on Monday, for their annual long visit. The world of Chuck has changed much since their last visit, and I'm in for a grilling. The powers of Mom, especially, to make me squirm as she probes deeper into my scattered mind for evidence to use against me. This is not hyperbole, she actually searches for info, then with said info, clobber me with verbal barrages until I am shuddering on the floor, bruised and defeated. Such power does my mother have.

Meanwhile, Dad will be reading a book, pretending like he doesn't hear anything...that is, until Mom pulls a "do you hear what your son is saying" routine.

Yeehaw.

So, until the parental storm passes, pray for me, America, that you will see me again after the Korean storm hurls through Chuck-land.

That's that.

No comments: