Monday, October 30, 2006

Voltron


Here's why this PBF comic resonates with me. After the first episode of Voltron, my four friends and I chose the different Voltron characters. The guy in the group that was oldest in age took the red character, and the rest of us scurried to attain anyone but the yellow lion (who looked weak). Imagine my delight when I got the blue lion...and my dismay when in a later episode, the blue lion human was killed off and replaced by...the princess. Thus, in all the childhood Voltron games, I was a girl. The resulting blow to my machismo can be evidenced by my current enjoyment of palate-tantalyzing herbal teas and my fascination with Dabney Coleman, who looks like he would be a great dad.

Seriously, though, I hate Voltron now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

PBF might just be the funniest thing I've ever seen--I mean, just the sheer consistency of it ... it's intimidating how funny it is.